Tuesday, July 8, 2014

May Your Day Be Filled With SUNSHINE!




Happy Tuesday!  I have spent the better part of three days rearranging my craft room.  What started out as a spring clean ended up with an entire room redo.  I am still working on where everything goes.  I also changed the location where I take my pictures.  I am going to see if this works with the lighting.  Not sure how I feel about it yet since this is the first card posted.


MFTWSC183 
For my card I am playing along with a few challenges.  I am just getting in under the wire on this  week's MFT Weekly Sketch. I realize I took some liberties with the sketch.  I just wanted to create a little beach scene and the striped sentiment did not work with the sand  look I was trying to achieve so I just did a whole sentiment strip.    I am also playing along with Fusion Challenge this week.    

Instead of going with the obvious and use flowers (anyone who knows me knows I struggle NOT to use a flower on every card I make), I picked elements from the inspiration.  I used stripes just in a neutral color like the sandal straps.  My umbrella is red and the focal point!  I also used blue!  Also, when I think of poppies, I think of SUNSHINE!


I started with MFT Card Stock Sampler.  Next, I cut the red card stock, white using Blueprints 13 stitched panel.  I stamped that panel with MFT BG Striped Background stamp inked with Gray Grout.   Next, I wanted a panel that would nestle inside so I decided to use the wonky panel from Blueprints 15.  I also used the large circle die in this set which leaves a stitched outer and inner ring.  I stenciled a few fluffy clouds using Cloudy Day Stencil and white snow pigment ink.  


For the sentiment panel I used the wavy panel die in Blueprints 11 and then cut it with the wonky panel from Blueprints 15 to even the sides.   I could have left it extended over the blue like the sentiment strip, bit it looked too busy.  I inked up my sunshine with some summer sun ink to add definition.  I also added some watermark ink to the kraft card stock to add definition to this panel before stamping the sentiment from Blue Skies Ahead stamp set.  The blue used on this card is SU ballet blue?  Not sure, but the color worked with the inspiration blue.   I struggled not to add other embellishment to the card.  I thought Sequins!  Really?  I axed that.  I just thought they did not work with my scene.  I do not have a bucket and shovel die cut or I so would have used those.  Another wishlist item.   In the end, I left it just like this!  It was HARD for me!

I am also playing along with Simon Monday Challenge:  Start From Scratch!  I created a scene from scratch!  I am also playing along with Time Out Challenges:  Fun in the Sun and Virginia's View Challenge:  Die Cut!   Pretty much my whole card used die cuts except the card base. 

I am also using these other products on my card.   Scor-Tape, TomBow Mono Aqua Liquid glue, and Watermark/Resist Ink Pad & re-inker from Ranger. 

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty




10 comments

  1. Super cute card Betty! Love the fun beach scene that you created!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FUN design Betty! I can just feel the heat from that beautiful giant summer sun! love the bright colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely take on the Fusion, I like that u went with a scene at the beach than the flowers. Love that sun peeking behind the waves :) Thank you for sharing with Fusion :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty summer card. Thanks for playing along at FUSION and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great scene and fab vibrant colours. Thanks for sharing with us at TIME OUT challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  6. BEAUTIFUL use of the dies! I love the colors and pairing of the dies, Betty! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A really cute and wonderful card! Thank you for sharing your project and for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super great card - love how it turned out and I think you did a wonderful job on it!! I am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a happy, beachy card ... perfect to celebrate summer! Thanks so much for joining the Fusion Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. CAS perfection and perfectly fitting for the TO challenge :) Thanks for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the fun. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.