Friday, July 25, 2014

Pursuit of Happiness!


MFTWSC186 
Happy Friday!   I am popping in with a second card for today!  For this card, I am playing along with a few blog challenges today.  I am using the sketch from MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge.   This combination of colors is from Colour Me!  I just love these bold colors with gold metallic accenting.  I am Simon Wednesday Challenge:  Emboss It!   Simon Monday Challenge:  Mid-Summer's Theme (summer colors and HEAT embossing).

For my card I started with MFT Card Stock Sampler.  I combined Black Licorice, Razzle Berry, and Lemon Drop card stocks.  I die cut the Lemon Drop card stock with the background panel from Blueprints 15.  I then stamped the whole panel with the word happy from the Happy Everything stamp set using Ranger Watermark ink and clear embossed it.  I then die cut the Razzle Panel with Pierced Square Stax, and stamped the BG Diagonal Stripes Background stamp in black ink.   I white embossed the sentiment from Chalkboard Greetings stamp set to the black licorice that I die cut using the Pierced Circle Stax.   I sponged some white pigment ink for shadowing and effect.  I added little tags from Blueprints 1 and Blueprints 2 cut to size using mirror gold card stock.   I finished the card with gold accenting from Sequins dienamics.  I used the same mirror gold card stock for the sequins.  Love this look!



As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty 

9 comments

  1. Love this chalkboard sentiment! Beautiful colors and neat background! Love the stripes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Betty! You rocked the chalkboard technique! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you embossed the happy in the background to reinforce your great quote! Thanks for joining us this week at Colour Me...! and hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty...fabulous chalkboard look! I still love the way it makes the sentiment shine and yours is so perfect! You really have a way with these fabulous colors too, amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great design, Betty, love those hot colors, too! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh good gravy.....love this card so much! The chalkboard effect came out amazing with this color palette!!! I love the addition of the little gold banners on the side!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect! I never thought to use my "chalk" stamps to get the neutral. Great card, TFS
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your chalkboard sentiment and the embossed background too! Thanks for joining us over at Colour Me...! this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful embossing in the background and I love the two tiny flags peeking out from beneath the circle :) Thank you for playing along with us at Colour Me…! this week!

    Julia
    CMCC Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.