Saturday, January 3, 2015

Fabulous and Grateful!




Happy Saturday!  I had some time last night and this morning to get crafty.  It is BOWL game day and I think every TV in the house is playing the football game.  I can sit in the living room watch the game and type my post.  Win! Win!  I have 2 cards to share today. 

For the first card I am playing along with Colour Me!  The challenge this week is to pick a color challenge from past challenges.   I am using the sketch from this week's Cardabilities.    I am playing along with Virginia's View Challenge as well.  The theme is "Clean Slate."   The challenge gives us a list of choices.  I chose Layered Stamping.


For my card I am using MFT Stamps and products unless otherwise noted.  I started with MFT Electric Red, Smooth White, and Fuse Green card stocks.   The fuse green looks like a yellow green if that makes sense.  It was the closest shade I have that matches the colors.  I die cut the fuse green panel with Blueprints 20 using the large scalloped background.  I inked the edges with Hybrid Fuse Green ink and Versamark.  I die cut the electric red card stock with Blueprints 13.  I stamped this panel with Fine Check Background in Premium Electric Red ink.  I then layered stamped with Smooth White pigment ink using Romantic Script background.  I did not stamp the whole panel, though.  I put the card stock down and just touch in a few areas to give a more random distressed look.  

To comply with the sketch, I die cut the two circle elements using Blueprints 15.  I stamped both using Cheesecloth background in Smooth White pigment ink.  I sponged the edges with Hybrid Fuse Green and smudged the stamped image for a more distressed diffused look.  Next, I stamped and die cut the Peaceful Wildflowers stamps and die namics.  I used copics to add texture and dimension to the flowers and leaves.  I layered the flowers onto the circles.  For the sentiment strip, I used Blueprints 20.  I stamped the sentiment from Simply Fabulous Sayings stamp set.  I finished my card with a few Verve Shine Bright Sequin Mix. 






 
For this card I am playing along with The Curtain Call and CAS this Sketch.   I love the inspiration photo.   The sketch stumped me a bit.  It is very CASE.  I had to add a few things to pizazz it up a bit. 



 I started with grout gray and primitive white card stock.  The card base is grout gray.  The background is primitive white that I alternately stamped in grout gray using Nordic Knits stamp set.  I then die cut the panel using Blueprints 15.  Next,  I used Horizontal Strips to cut the bottom panel.  I stamped this panel with smooth white pigment ink using Linen Background stamp.  I heat embossed using white ep for added texture. I die cut the vellum Stitched Scalloped Edges.  I cut this piece longer so I could wrap it around and tape to the back.  The linen thread (SU stash) actually helps keep it attached to.  

To vintage the card up a bit I layered some purchased doilies.  One in silver one in white.  I ink distressed the edges with Ranger Brushed Corduroy ink.  To keep with the rustic feel, I  die cut the Words of Gratitude in corrugated card board and ink distressed with more Ranger ink.  I added it, but thought a wee bit more texture was needed.  I used the Sequins die namics and die cut some more corrugated card board.  I ink distressed this before I die cut.  I love the texture.  

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty


21 comments

  1. Hi, Betty,
    Not sure if my first comment made it through! You have been selected as our FB Designer of the Day for January 4, 2015. We selected you because of your clear design point of view, your stong eye for detail, color and composition. Your projects will be featured beginning at 2:00AM EST. Please stop by to say hello and to grab your Designer Of The Day Badge: www.facebook.com/avenue613 .
    Again, Congratulations and Welcome to The Front Porch Gang.
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah Harris, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog
    http://avenue613.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards. I especially love the first one. It is so rich looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful Betty. I love that first one with the circles, nice design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layered stamping! The elements are gorgeous together! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “Clean Slate” Challenge! Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 pretty cards Betty-my fave is the "fabulous" card-hope your Christmas was a great one-happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards Betty! The flowers look so pretty on the first and I love the distressed look of the second! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betty, both of your cards are absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous as always, Betty :) Just the other day I was asking hubby how many bowl games there are as they seem to go on forever LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous indeed Betty. Love how you used those dies on this card. And love how you sponged the edge of that doily!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both very lovely! I especially enjoy the one you created for us. The sequins are the perfect bit of bling! Thank you so much for sharing a card with us at Colour Me…! for our 1 year anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are both gorgeous, Betty! Thanks for joining us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply gorgeous! I love your card, the colors, design and you always have the perfect sentiment to compliment what you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful, Betty! Love how you used both sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cardabilities :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are gorgeous Betty! Love the colors and design on that first one..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Cardabilities this month :) Hugs, Zaneta

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, these are both so gorgeous and eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's so lovely card :) Thanks for playing along with us at Cardabilities :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.