Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Many Blessings!




I have a card to share today!  I am playing along with PTI Make It Monday  watercolor Stencil challenge.




Since I did not have repositional paper available, I die cut the larger fern leaf from PTI Meadow Greens using one of the PTI coasters for a thicker stencil.  I thought this would soak up some excess water.  I used watercolor paper and watercolored the leaf using the die cut stencil portion.  I do not think it is crisp by any means, but I love the free flowing look to the edges so I decided to work with it.
 



I gold embossed the smaller fern leaf in the set using versamark.  I love how it looks layered on the watercolor paper and image.  Next,  I die cut  a rectangle from Fabulous Frames dies and white embossed the sentiment from Scripted stamp set.  I finished my card with some loose threading and gold sequins.  I like how it turned out.  It has a bit of a masculine vibe to me.  What do you think?



I am also playing along with a few other blog challenges. 
CASE this Sketch,  CAS-ual Fridays,(embossing) Inkspirational (kraft), and Sweet Stampin'  (no designer papers)challenges.


  

As always thanks so much for stopping by!

Betty

15 comments

  1. so pretty! i like the play of the loose watercolor leaf with the gold embossed one. thanks for playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Betty! what a great design with the gold embossed fern over the watercoloring and that bold black sentiment panel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely design, the embossed leaf looks beautiful against the soft water coloured one. This could be used for so many occasions! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Betty, truly beautiful! I just used that same sentiment on a card I am posting soon, I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful...love your gorgeous embossed leaf and that beautiful green. Simply amazing Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO pretty Betty! I love the look of your watercolored leaf with the embossed leaf over it...so elegant! Well done! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is so pretty! I love it! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing. Like all your cards Betty!
    Thanks for playing at CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This is so pretty!

    Thank you for participating in the Sweet Stampin’ "No DP" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card design, Betty. Love the gold fern on top of your water-colored one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving the beautiful colour combo and design. And, of course, you even do the thread perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I love this card! The watercolor effect, the gold embossing, the string detail, the sequin... it all goes together so beautifully! Great design! Thanks so much for joining us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card, great use of embossing! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge! Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Soon pretty! Love that gold leaf embossing and all of the elements you mixed here!! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much!

© The Things I Do With Paper. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.